HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK ACT 1974
This act is aimed at securing your health, safety and welfare.
It is also designed to protect those not at work from risks to their health or safety, arising out of the activities of people at work.
You must co-operate with the company in order to comply with any duty or requirements specified in the Act.
You must not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided by the law for your health, safety or welfare.
In law you are liable for the same penalties as the company if you do not comply with the relevant requirements of the Act.
READ THE COMPANY SAFETY POLICY AND ACT ON IT
All employees are legally required to co-operate in the implementation of safe working codes, and shall observe the company Health and Safety Policy
1) Act individually and collectively to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
2) Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourselves and all other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
3) Carry out all instructions on matters of Safety, Health and Welfare.
4) Use the protective clothing and safety equipment required for your work and where no protective clothing is provided be sensibly, tidily and safely dressed.
5) Report to supervisors and departure from the Health and Safety Policy, including any hazard or malfunction of equipment.
6) Ensure that in the course of your work activities all reasonable and practical steps are taken to safeguard the Health and Safety of the general public and all other persons.
7) Bring to the attention of supervisors any matter you consider has a bearing on Health and Safety at work.
8) Conduct yourself safely in the work place and refrain from any horseplay.
9) Report all accidents to supervisors, whether injury occurs or not.
10) When visiting manned sites report to the site reception for information on safety rules or special requirements.